Held online for the first time, this year’s Fieldays Innovation Awards saw a wide range of products and projects celebrated. From an alarm to help ensure farm vehicles don’t roll on rough terrain (Fleetpin), to a system designed to protect bee hives from the deadly varroa mite (from Hivesite), this year’s Innovation Award Winners showcased outside the box thinking for use down on the farm.
This year’s winners are:
- Young Inventor of the Year Award: Flash Flow, St Paul’s Collegiate School – James Barker, Thomas Glenn, William Cowan, and Curtly Harper
- Vodafone Digital Innovation Award: Waterwatch Live, Tussock Innovation
- Callaghan Innovation Partnership and Collaboration Award: Lateral, Ecolibrium Biologicals Ltd
- Amazon Web Services Innovation in Data Award: Fleetpin Rollover Safety System, Fleetpin Ltd
- James & Wells Innovation and Grassroots Prototype awards: Autonomous chemical-free Varroa Mite Treatment, Hivesite
- Established Prototype Award: BioactiveN, AgriSea NZ
- Innovation Launch Award: Trusti Colostrum Management System, Antahi Innovations Ltd
- Innovation International Award: MagGrow
Further information about all of these innovations and details of runners-up are accessible via fieldaysonline.co.nz.